Updated on February 19, 2024
By agreeing to these rules, your company or organization will be asked to follow all the instructions and official rules of the New Albany Founders Day Festival and Parade so that we may have a fun and safe event. The following rules are to ensure that everyone attending the festival, whether a participant or spectator, has an enjoyable, accident-free day. These rules will be strictly enforced.
- SET UP: Festival site vendors may set up the Friday prior to the event from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM or any time Saturday morning and must be set up by 10:00 AM. Any vendor arriving after 10:00 AM on the day of the event may be denied entry without refund. Parade staging site vendors must be set up by 8:30 AM. During set up, all vehicles must be stopped/parked to allow a clear vehicular path. No vehicles are allowed on the festival site during festival hours. All unauthorized vehicles will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- TEAR DOWN: Tear down may not begin any earlier than 5:00 PM. Any vendor who tears down early may forfeit their right to exhibit in the future. All vendor vehicles, equipment, tents, displays, and products must be removed by 9:00 PM Saturday evening. During tear down, all vehicles must be stopped/parked to allow a clear vehicular path. Parade staging site vendors can start tearing down at approximately 11:00 – 11:30 AM (once the parade has left the staging lot.)
- HOURS OF OPERATION: The New Albany Founders Day Festival is open to the public from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM, although vendors may start selling prior to 11:00 AM if they are set up. Vendors operating at the parade staging site must open at 9:00 AM and close whenever the parade has left the staging lot at approximately 11:00 – 11:30 AM.
- SPACE ASSIGNMENT: Vendor’s onsite location will not be assigned until the day before the festival and will be communicated on-site during setup. There is no guarantee of vendor location from year to year either stated or implied and no space shall be sublet. Vendor applications are non-transferable without permission of the festival organizers. Vendors may not exceed the reserved size of their booth and may not impede walkways. Any vendor using more footage than what they have purchased will be required to move their property into the allotted space or will be charged for the additional space. Vendors shall respect the space of other businesses around them, not poach customers, or do anything to impede traffic to another booth.
- WHAT’S PROVIDED: All spaces are bare unless tents are reserved in advance. Vendors are responsible for any additional tents, displays, furniture, and signs.
- OPEN FLAMES: Any open flames outside of a food truck, including grills, stoves, and candles, must be approved by New Albany Founders Day in advance. Absolutely no cooking is allowed under rented tents.
- PARKING: Once setup is complete, the best place for vendors to park is the New Albany Middle or High School parking lots, or at the McCoy Center. Please see the map on the Founders Day website for more information.
- FEES: Vendor fees are due upfront, and spaces are not reserved until payment has been received. All registration fees are non-transferable and non-refundable unless there is a government-mandated shutdown.
- WEATHER: The festival will occur rain or shine. We encourage vendors to plan accordingly for any weather.
- DISTRIBUTION OF MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS: All sold or distributed materials must belong to the company or organization that reserved the vendor space and cannot come from a separate business or organization. Distribution of materials outside of the vendor’s assigned space is prohibited, and materials may not be affixed to any structures, trees, fixtures, etc. within the festival grounds.
- LICENSURE: All vendors making or selling food must be fully licensed and in good standing with the county/state. It is not unusual for the Franklin County Department of Health to visit festivals to check licenses. Any food business found to be operating without a valid license will be asked to stop selling immediately and will forfeit their right to exhibit in the future.
- SALES TAX: All vendors are responsible for reporting sales tax to the State of Ohio.
- ANIMALS: Vendors who wish to have animals in their booth must list it on their vendor application or the owner must contact the organization to ask for permission. All animals must have a way in which to immediately remove any animal excrement from the festival grounds. All animals must be controlled by means of a harness, halter, or leash if not otherwise contained. All animals must have updated vaccinations, be in good medical health, and be able to cope with crowds and other animals.
- BANNED ITEMS AND SERVICES: Vendors may not promote, distribute, or sell the following items:
- Alcohol, drugs (even recreational), cigarettes, vapes, other tobacco products, or any related paraphernalia.
- Guns, knives, or other weapons.
- Fireworks or other explosives.
- Live animals of any kind, unless approved by festival organizers in advance.
- Pornography or adult media.
- Items featuring vulgar, obscene, or sexually explicit language or images.
- Items promoting violence, bullying, or other aggressive and negative behaviors.
- Anything illegal or illicit.
- Items which break copyright rules or infringe upon the rights of the original creator or manufacturer.
Founders Day reserves the right to deny any vendor who we feel does not align with the spirit of the festival.
- APPROPRIATE CONDUCT: The following items and behaviors are strictly prohibited by all vendors and their staff:
- Use of obscene or vulgar images, gestures, and language.
- No fire, firecrackers, caps, blanks, incendiary devices, or other frightening equipment.
- Themes or behaviors exhibiting bullying, violence, or any other negative or harmful behavior.
- Aggressive or manipulative sales practices.
- Behavior that doesn’t exhibit civility and a spirit of community.
- Attending the event while ill with a communicable sickness.
Founders Day reserves the right to immediately remove offending individuals from the festival grounds and may shut down any vendor who does not comply.
- MUSIC AND SOUND: Vendors may play music or other media within their booths but must do so at a reasonable volume level and shall not drown out the music from another booth. Music must be age-appropriate for children and contain no obscene language. Bullhorns, megaphones, and “barking” is not allowed.
- POLITICAL CANDIDATES, ELECTED OFFICIALS, AND ADVOCACY GROUPS: All entries must participate in the spirit of civility and good taste. Please keep in mind that this is a family community event, not a rally or a protest.
- TRASH, RECYCLING, AND WASTE: Please clean up the area around you and ensure that no trash is left behind. While there will be trash receptacles throughout the parade and festival grounds, they will get full quickly, and food vendors must bring their own trash receptacles to place within their vendor space. New Albany Founders Day strongly encourages the use of recycling. Vendors are completely responsible for any food, water, or packaging waste and it may not be placed or dumped anywhere within the festival grounds. You will be charged for any damages or labor expenses associated with clean-up provided by festival personnel and/or the City of New Albany.
- DAMAGES: Any damage to the rented tents, landscaping, grass, sidewalk, roads, parking lot, other vendors’ equipment and products, or any other items belonging to the festival and its participants will be billed to vendor responsible for damage.
- INSURANCE: We encourage all vendors to carry liability insurance.
- PHOTO AND VIDEO RELEASE: New Albany Founders Day, the City of New Albany, and accredited press may take photos or record video during the festival. Agreeing to these rules implies an understanding that the likeness of any individual may be used for marketing and promotional purposes and that subjects are not eligible to receive any sort of compensation or royalties.
- EMERGENCIES: If an emergency occurs during the festival, shelter in place. There will be police and emergency services on site and they, along with festival personnel, will direct you as needed.
The applicant shall be responsible for the conduct of all its participants and agrees to notify all participants of these rules and regulations in advance of the festival.
The applicant shall be responsible for the conduct of all its participants and agrees to notify all participants of these rules and regulations in advance of the festival. Any company, organization, or individual that violates these rules in any way may be removed from the festival and may forfeit their right to participate in any future events in New Albany.
By submitting an application, vendors agree to hold New Albany Founders Day, its Board of Directors, staff, volunteers, and the City of New Albany, Ohio harmless for any and all losses, expenses, demands, and claims against the festival sustained or alleged to have been in any way related to New Albany Founders Day Festival and Parade. Vendors also agree and acknowledge that the New Albany Founders Day, its Board of Directors, staff, volunteers, and the City of New Albany are not responsible in any way for any personal injury, illness, property damage, or loss of property that may occur during New Albany Founders Day Festival and Parade. Vendors agree, acknowledge, and further certify that the vendor and vendor’s property, equipment, and vehicles are properly insured for any and all loses incurred and/or damages caused by vendor or any party.
This document includes all components of the agreement of the parties and is fully incorporated herein. The application materials provided by the vendor to New Albany Founders Day shall be incorporated herein by reference. No other promises made prior to the execution of this agreement have been omitted from this document. The parties may mutually agree to modify this agreement; however, such modification shall only be binding upon the parties by signed written agreement. No oral modification or agreement outside the scope of this agreement shall be binding upon either party.
Vendors are independent operators and through this agreement no agency, partnership, or joint venture relationship is created by New Albany Founders Day. The vendor, its owners, employees, or other agents shall not represent themselves as representatives of New Albany Founders Day. Vendor shall not enter into any contract or other agreement which would cause New Albany Founders Day to be liable in any way with any other party, including but not limited to, manufacturers, vendors, or other suppliers, etc. Vendors shall hold New Albany Founders Day harmless from any cost or liability it may incur with the production of merchandise.